Patient education videos are a great way to inform any visitors in your waiting room about health-related topics. Healthcare Patient Education Videos are defined as a marketing technique of sharing media and published content online to attract and acquire a clearly defined audience. The goal of medical video production is to increase new patients and retain current patients by engaging health consumers with meaningful health education information. Successful healthcare videos provide healthcare consumers with high-quality content that helps to educate and provide treatment options. 3D video creation for Patients provides a dynamic audio-visual explanation of complicated medical information in a condensed and user-friendly manner. The videos are hosted on high-end streaming servers to ensure high-speed loading without interruption and instruct patients on anatomy, healthy and diseased states, conservative treatments and the latest surgical procedures including minimally invasive techniques. When patients are engaged, they become more actively involved in their own healthcare, leading to lower costs and better outcomes.
Healthcare video is an explainer video which is a short 1 to 3-minute video that helps explain a complex subject in a short, but fun and compelling way. These Healthcare videos are written like a short movie, with storyboarding and animation. Healthcare video production is an excellent medium for delivering educational material because it is not only cost-effective but also provides information both visually and audibly. Healthcare Video also ensures that each patient is provided with consistent clinical information with ease.
What are the benefits of Patient Education Videos?
Combining written material and clinician support with healthcare videos makes it easier for patients to remember at-home instructions, weigh the pros and cons of treatment, understand what to expect from a surgical procedure, or learn to manage their condition. A well-crafted Healthcare video reinforces information with appealing graphics and audio so patients can absorb the content more quickly and retain it better.
An effective healthcare video bridges the gap between the patient and the educational material they need. Using healthcare videos as a part of an education plan helps organization and patients in respective ways:
- Enhance Discharge Education – Discharge education ensures that patients’ needs after discharge from the hospital are met and they can function at an optimal level after they return home. Supplementing written and verbal instructions with videos reinforce information and help patients retain what they’ve learned.
- Following Quality Measures – Reinforcing care plans and educating with healthcare videos with top standard video content help the patients to a better understanding of the disease that they are suffering from.
- Saves Time – Patients can watch healthcare videos from home on their own or in the hospital without supervision, freeing clinicians for other top priority tasks.
- Solving Low Health Literacy Problem – Patients vary in their ability to obtain, process, and understand the information needed to make appropriate health decisions. Healthcare videos simplify the topic by using visual and audio aids that make it easy for patients to understand a procedure with more ease.
What to expect from Healthcare Patient Education Videos?
Nearly 71% of marketers agree that healthcare video outperforms any other form of marketing content. This is why 45% of businesses have an explainer video on their landing page, and 83% of those businesses feel their explainer videos are effective. Emotionally charged and creative videos can spread on the Internet like wildfire, getting millions of views within a few days and a well-made video can become your best patient acquisition and marketing tool. Here are four types of healthcare videos practice that will take your healthcare patient education videos to the next level:
- Product Demonstrations – Product videos allow your existing and potential patients to see your products and services at their own convenience, without relying on your staff members to walk them through the process. Including videos on your product page will increase visitors’ time on that page, which may increase the likelihood that they might convert. Product videos will highlight your products’ features and benefits while effectively engaging your target audience. These videos are particularly beneficial for prospects who are in awareness and looking for a comprehensive explanation of your services. One can also consider including product update videos on the practice website. These videos can keep patients to get updated about the latest changes to service offerings. In addition, product update videos can educate the targeted audience and help increase product adoption.
- Patient Testimonials – This is one of the quickest and easiest forms of video to produce. It is also one of the most powerful tools because there is no better salesperson for your practice than a satisfied patient. Most potential patients do not trust testimonials written on a third-party website because there is no way of ensuring if the comments are genuine. However, a video is quite convincing. Video testimonials will not only tell a success story but will also empower happy patients to share their stories in their own words. This will create a much more powerful message for both marketing and conversion purposes. Patient testimonial videos can play an integral role in attaining present and future new patients.
- Educational Videos – Explainer or educational videos are an excellent way of introducing one’s practice to potential patients and explaining their services. These videos are simple and easy to understand, pointing out how you should address your patients’ health issues. Explainer videos can increase your conversion by almost 20%, so consider adding one to your landing pages. By the end of your explainer video, your viewers should be ready to take the desired action based on the information they have learned in the video. While product videos will ultimately get replaced by updated videos, educational videos will provide value for a long time.