“General Surgery” is a discipline of surgery having a central core of knowledge embracing anatomy, physiology, metabolism, immunology, nutrition, pathology, wound healing, shock and resuscitation, intensive care, and neoplasia, which are common to all surgical specialties.
A general surgeon has specialized knowledge and experience related to the diagnosis, preoperative, operative, and postoperative management, including the management of complications, in nine primary components of surgery, all of which are essential to the education of a broadly based surgeon:
- Alimentary tract
- Abdomen and its contents
- Breast, skin, and soft tissue
- Head and neck, including trauma, vascular, endocrine, congenital and oncologic disorders—particularly tumors of the skin, salivary glands, thyroid, parathyroid, and the oral cavity
- Vascular system, excluding the intracranial vessels and heart
- Endocrine system, including thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal, and endocrine pancreas
- Surgical oncology, including coordinated multimodality management of the cancer patient by screening, surveillance, surgical adjunctive therapy, rehabilitation, and follow-up
- Comprehensive management of trauma, including musculoskeletal, hand, and head injuries—the responsibility for all phases of care of the injured patient is an essential component of general surgery
- Complete care of critically ill patients with underlying surgical conditions, in the emergency room, intensive care unit, and trauma/burn units
What is the importance of General Surgery Videos?
It is often seen that patients collect information about their issues through the internet which results in lethal outcomes since the information has no basis whatsoever. Providing health, disease, or any medical treatment-related information is the doctor’s responsibility to ensure that the patient understands what the procedure is for and the patient agrees to it. The hindrance of providing clear information can easily be solved via high-quality Videos and Animations which acts as a common bridge between a doctor and their patients. It is proven that visuals are a more efficient way to convey health or disease-related information to a practitioner to their patients.
While consultation, it is often seen that the General Surgeon and the patient tend to be not on the same page, meaning the information that the General Surgeon provides is often misunderstood by the patients which creates a knowledge barrier between the both.
Good communication with a General Surgeon makes it more understandable for patients to benefit from their treatment and helps to ensure the best-suited treatment for them which can be done by consulting via General Surgery videos.
Some of the common surgical procedures you might expect a General Surgeon to perform include:
- Anti-reflux surgery (Nissen fundoplication).
- Appendix removal (appendectomy).
- Bariatric (weight loss) surgery.
- Breast surgery
- Exploratory surgery (laparotomy or laparoscopy).
- Gallbladder removal (cholecystectomy).
- Hernia repair surgery.
- Prostate removal (prostatectomy).
- Spleen removal (splenectomy).
- Uterus removal (hysterectomy).
How can ERemedium help?
ERemedium is India’s largest health literacy platform and leading Healthcare Digital platform with a presence in over 5,000 Hospitals and clinics, impacting 20 million patients monthly.
ERemedium works closely with over 1,000+ General Surgeon to better engage and communicate with patients by 3D General Surgery videos
MEDXPLAIN: Medxplain is a cloud-based content subscription platform for doctors which acts as a bridge between a doctor and a patient. Medxplain increases patient satisfaction and promotes health literacy at the moment of most significant impact. Doctors can now communicate over 1,000 conditions, procedures, and treatment options with patients in an unprecedented way via 3D General Surgery videos. The content platform can be opened easily on a mobile, tablet, laptop, or desktop.
The platform comes with full-blown customization and personalization options with exciting features such as real-time sharing, personal content upload, bookmarks, etc.
For more information: https://medxplain.eremedium.in/
MEDCOMM: 22” Touch screen signage embedded with 3D General Surgery videos personalized to specialty and care setting. Doctors can now communicate over 1,000 conditions, procedures, and treatment options with patients in an unprecedented way. Medcomm enables quality consultation in less time by use of a copyrighted content library consisting of 3D anatomy, and gesture-driven General Surgery patient information animations. A centralized knowledge base of the latest research, clinical tools, and medical information at your fingertips. Medcomm is also capable of running promotions which ultimately helps in the digital marketing of pharmaceutical companies.
For more information: https://eremedium.in/medcomm/
MEDIO: Medio uses OPD Waiting Area TV to increase patient satisfaction, ease waiting time, and promote health literacy at the moment of greatest impact. Doctors use it to promote services, facilities, latest updates and high quality General Surgery videos to ensure patients feel a connection to your practice. Medio runs 3D patient education General Surgery videos and empowers patients with condition-specific General Surgery videos, and much more while they are waiting to meet the Doctor. Content is approved by top medical associations and personalized to Doctor’s Speciality and Care Setting.
For more information: https://eremedium.in/index.html#Medio